Ever wonder what shoes are worn by the world’s best climbers? I do. Especially when my shoes inevitably start forming holes every year or so. 😅
The below charts highlight the shoes worn by all IFSC bouldering and lead finalists in the 2022 season, arranged by brand and model with the athletes’ names grouped under their respective shoe model of choice.
This data was gathered visually as I watched the climbing finals this past year, so my apologies if there are any inaccuracies. If you do find errors, please let me know and I’ll update the charts!
While these shoes may not be the best for everyone, I found that they are a great starting point for someone like me, who is looking for aggressive performance shoes for indoor climbing.
Note: the charts can be clicked to zoom in and out.
Shoes Worn by Bouldering Finalists
Shoes Worn by Lead Finalists
- Shoe models that come in both high volume (HV) and low volume (LV) are grouped together. Example: Drago and Drago LV are both just Drago.
- The Five Ten Hiangle and Hiangle Pro are grouped together since several athletes appear to wear both interchangeably.
- Mia Krampl appears to wear a different shoe on each foot - Scarpa Drago (right) and Scarpa Chimera (left).
- Paul Jenft wears a shoe from EB Climbing, but it doesn’t seem to be listed on their website.
- All shoe data were visually obtained from event footage on the IFSC YouTube channel as well as looking at the athletes’ Instagram pages. The shoes listed here are what the athletes seem to wear most frequently during the world cup, but please note that athletes could have several different shoes and may switch to new shoes in the future.
List of all shoes
Other IFSC related posts: